Skip to the content
- Ruby red, no, scarlet red, the blood stains on their hands.
- Innocence delayed ten years, now teach them how to dance
- Orange like the glowing coals of fire dying out;
- Bellows, worn and tired now, have fin’lly shut their spout.
- Yellow sun has dimmed its light, its service drawn to close
- Tried so hard to shine so bright, but succumbed to the blows
- Trees so green have withered dry, poor shelter from the rain;
- Stinging drops come pelting down, unleashing bruise and pain.
- Bluest skies are just a trick, a clever sleight of hand.
- We think it’s true, but when in space, it’s then we understand.
- Purple robes and aprons tell us, “All of it is love.
- Come to us from down the street, descended like a dove.”
- Rainbows come after the storms, or so I’ve heard them say,
- But first, I guess, we have to wait for storms to go away.
Support independent journalism