Skip to the content
- The striking of flint on the cold, toughened steel.
- The crushing of leaves under hard, booted heel.
- The pounding of waves on the soft, golden sand.
- The scraping of wind over dry, barren land.
- The wearing of chalk on the smooth, weathered slate.
- The squealing of hinge swinging rusty, old gate.
- The grinding of teeth on crisp, tender food.
- The scratching sandpaper over rough, troubled wood.
- The smoothing of iron on wrinkled, creased fold.
- The scorching of fire ’round raw, filthy gold.
Support independent journalism