Skip to the content
- With silver arms and midnight hands, she pulled in outstretched reach
- The lapping waves and hushed surf to bare the hidden beach.
- Deep from the sand, she formed a star and raised it to her breast
- And nursed it dear and tenderly, just as she had the rest.
- She helped it grow under her touch, with wisdom she did guide.
- Each stage of growth, each mature phase, filled her with love inside.
- The time had come—it always has—for her to say goodbye.
- Reluctantly, she held her babe, then perched it in the sky.
Support independent journalism