Since 2014, Alberta’s oil & gas industry has increased annual production to an additional 4.1 million cubic metres. But they did it with 34,000 fewer workers.
Since 2014, Alberta’s oil & gas industry has increased annual production to an additional 4.4 million cubic metres. But they did it with 41,000 fewer workers.
The federal Conservatives have released their preliminary campaign platform. Here’s what I think of it.
Specific projects should be judged based on their specific benefits, not benefits they share with hundreds of other projects.
Earlier this month, the provincial government announced $11.6 million in infrastructure spending for 6 projects in Calgary, Edmonton, and Wetaskiwin. The projects include retrofits, repairs, and upgrades to 6 provincial buildings in these communities. About 80% of the funding will come from the federal government, $9.2 million to be more precise. The remaining 20%—about $2.32 […]
Because the 2,000 construction jobs lost through the cancellation of Keystone XL pale to the number lost since 2015.
A recently released 12-month survey found expectation differences between employers and job seekers as the region attempts to fill 8,400 jobs over the next 5 years.
I tracked employment data for the year leading up to the COVID-19 lockdown this past spring, including before and after the UCP cut corporate taxes last summer.
According to the announcements, the two initiatives would collectively support about 4,000 jobs.
During the pandemic, the public sector lost 3.5 times as many jobs as the private sector, proportionately speaking.