Some of my readers are familiar with my post on GMail Folders that shows a workaround for the seemingly absent email folders that abound in other software.
I thought I would also post on how to create mailing lists (or mailing groups) in GMail. A mailing list is handy because you can specify a list in your message and the message will be sent to all the contacts in the group.
Create your mailing list or group
- Open up each contact you want in the group and click “Edit contact information”.
- Add the name of the group (e.g. “family”) in the “Notes” field and press “Save”.
Use your mailing list or group
- Go to your Contacts page and search for the name of your group. This should bring up all those with the group name in their notes.
- Click on the “All” link near the bottom of the page
- Click the “Compose” button
VoilÃ ! A new email with all the contacts in your group.