Skip to the content
- Hand upon my shoulder, as I gasp again to breathe
- Breaking through the surface but I’m pushed back underneath
- There’s water up my nostrils, and water in my lungs,
- And the water in my mouth is lashing at my tongue.
- Bob above the splashing to catch another breath
- Coughing hard for living but on the verge of death.
- Seconds turn to hours, and hours turn to days,
- And weeks and months and years go by, the drowning leaves me dazed.
- The caring arms that held me down to change who I could love
- Broke my heart, indeed they did, but not to who they thought.
Support independent journalism