What a crappy workout today. Here’s what I was supposed to do.
- 4 x 25m Freestyle Swim (even pace), rest 0:10 / 25m
Build up (repeat 4 times)
- 1 x 25m Freestyle Breath Left, rest 0:10 / 25m
- 1 x 25m Freestyle Breath Right, rest 0:10 / 25m
- 4 x 100m Freestyle Swim, target time 03:30 / 100m, rest 0:30 / 100m
- 2 x 50m Freestyle Easy, rest 0:15 / 50m
The warmup was fine. Even the buildup was pretty good. It was during the core when things really fell apart.
I did only three of the four sets, and none of them were under 3:30. In fact, the first set I didn’t even finish the last rep. I stopped with about 5 metres left. I did about 3:40 for the first set, 3:50 for the second, and 4:20 for the last set. It was pathetic.
I couldn’t even finish the warmdown.
This is what happens when you don’t swim for a week; when you miss four out of ten workouts.
I hope I can get back on track and do better on Tuesday.